• What Are YOU Binge-Watching?

by  • January 21, 2016 • Television • 26 Comments

Winter is a time for cozying up with friends and family around the television and watching some of your favorite shows. For many, that means “binge-watching” –enjoying back-to-back episodes of their favorite programs.

With so many wonderful family-friendly shows on television already, we here at PTC would like to hear what programs you enjoy.

COMMENT BELOW and let us know what you’re binge-watching!

26 Responses to What Are YOU Binge-Watching?

1. Robert
      January 21, 2016 at 3:55 pm

I am binge-watching “Cheers.” Classic show with sharp writing and a good story-line. I also really like binge-watching “Joan of Arcadia”–great show with captivating plot. One of the best shows of the 21st century.

• Kathy
        January 21, 2016 at 4:44 pm

I binge-watch Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, JAG, and all the movies on the INSP Channel and the Hallmark Channel. They are showing all the older programs which you don’t have to worry about who is watching.

2. Carol
      January 21, 2016 at 4:17 pm

We will not be watching a lot of TV during our storm here in MD. When the Christmas tree came down, the jigsaw puzzle table went up.
      We are also avid readers, so that is in the plan also.
      Perhaps we’ll squeeze in some NCIS reruns & Doc Martin.

3. Shelly
      January 21, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Love to watch most of the shows on HGTV.

4. Caron
      January 21, 2016 at 6:56 pm

I love watching “When Calls the Heart” with my twelve year old!

5. Cheryl
      January 21, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Me – Downton Abbey, Carol Burnett DVD’s of the “Lost Episodes”, maybe ER DVDs, Law & Order SVU. My husband likes the History Channel, Military Heroes, and any movie with planes. No kids in the house any more, but I stay away from gore and violence anyway. Like Carol, we are both readers, and this weekend we may be doing it by the light of hurricane lamps.

• Kevin
        February 8, 2016 at 4:52 am

You stay away from violence, yet you watch SVU. Makes sense.

6. Madge
      January 22, 2016 at 5:02 am

We love the British detective shows and Netflix a lot of them. HGTV fixer upper shows are fun, too.

7. Mike
      January 22, 2016 at 5:43 am

I like the cop series “Blues” with Tom Selleck. Criminal Minds shows good behavioral analysis work, but can be a little blood. That’s about it except for the evening news.

8. Sally
      January 22, 2016 at 5:54 am

I enjoy WATCHING THE OLD SHOWS…ANDY GRIFFITH FOR ONE; WALTONS, AND I ENJOY SHARK TANK. I WOULD ENJOY LAST MAN STANDING IF I COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT THE GIRLS WERE SAYING; THEY TALK TOO FAST AND THE LAUGH TRACK IS ANNOYING. MISS CAROL BURNETT AND THE OTHER GREAT SHOWS. LOVE DOWNTOWN ABBY…WOULDN’T MISS IT!

9. Tom
      January 22, 2016 at 5:59 am

Longmire on Netflix

10. Aoruk
      January 22, 2016 at 7:16 am

A BBC series called Lark Rise to Candelford. Not perfect but so very enjoyable! Not only is it informative about life in smaller towns and hamlets before the 19th century in Britain but also a wonderful look at life in its many dynamics.

11. Don
      January 22, 2016 at 7:53 am

It is difficult to find shows that I feel totally comfortable watching. “The Sound of Music” and “The Fiddler on the Roof” have been on recently. These were fun. There have been some Hallmark movies and there has been the Hallmark series “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” which have held enjoyment and family-orientation; however, even some of those Hallmark shows contain ideas that seem to condone the disintegration of families (e. g., divorce and remarriage). And if I feel uncomfortable with THOSE shows, you can imagine what I think of shows at other times or on other channels. – - – Even old shows which were intended to be funny, while they might be thought to be better than some of today’s programs, are still not so great if looked at in and of themselves. – - – Where are the old Ed Sullivan shows, the original Dick Van Dyke shows, My Three Sons, and the like???? – - – Would someone please help us all to be able to pay only for the cable channels we want at a certain fee per channel?

12. Ann
      January 22, 2016 at 7:57 am

Love the reruns of NCIS.

13. Frank
      January 22, 2016 at 8:20 am

I have a mixed reaction to The Big Bang Theory. Its humor is incredibly good, delightfully witty and clever. Its constant sexual content is offensive to people like me and is not really intrinsic to what the show is all about.

• Bonnie
        January 22, 2016 at 11:27 am

Yes, I’d watch it more if it didn’t have so much sexual innuendos and couples jumping in bed before they are married.

• M. Keogh
        January 22, 2016 at 10:09 pm

I agree and I actually feel bad for the “nerdy” type that I find they use on the show. They use all of the stereotypes and I don’t find it funny. They exaggerate many of them in fact so I feel like I laugh at the whole population of smart people who might have a though time connecting with people because they are better at math etc. than I am, no contest. We could use all better social skills and communication skills – laughing at people having a tough time has never been my cup of tea and tv stations making programs making this funny doesn’t amuse me at all. Personally I have no problem writing to stations, writing to onemillionmoms and the like to join and make a difference when I can and we get the job done. Analyze what you are watching, especially in front of your kids: if it doesn’t promote your family values, use those programs to express your opinion and exchange about it with your family members. If you don’t talk you will look like you agree with the abuse, their values… and it is confusing for your kids. As parents, we have to give the example. Boycott them or use those as “teaching tools” to find out what your kids think, if they know someone being verbally abused or bullied because they are smart… since this is how it is called in “real life” If it is funny on tv, it’s ok to do it in school, with your friends…. it made you laugh. They learn from you and they will follow your example. The worst programs are often in cartoons like Family guy… because it is easy to “get away with it” in cartoons. Use your voice and your computer to stand up and decide what you want to watch as a family and what are the values you want them to see and teach their kids some day.

• Kevin
          February 8, 2016 at 4:54 am

What?

14. Harriet
      January 22, 2016 at 8:29 am

I like Walker Texas Ranger and Hunter. Sad to see that this is American Idol’s last year. Enjoy some reality shows and superheroes.

15. john
      January 22, 2016 at 9:01 am

The Simpsons. Perhaps not suitable for the youngest viewers but consistently hilarious, and ultimately with a pro-family message.

16. Francia
      January 22, 2016 at 9:40 am

Turner Classic Movies with the early musicals of Fred Astaire and friends; the original made-in England Lassie films; Nature; the show about tracing our ancestors and Saturday Cooking Classes on PBS And on You Tube – Fibber McGee and Molly episodes, reminding us how brave and responsible American’s really are! I wish these were available on TV!

17. Melanie
      January 22, 2016 at 11:34 am

The Brady Bunch with my daughter.

18. Jonathan
      January 22, 2016 at 11:44 am

Walking Dead, Gotham, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, South Park, The Sopranos

19. Jean Beck
      January 22, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Hallmark—-Hallmark—Hallmark. Good shows-enjoyable-We have seen many more than once and still enjoy them. Good family shows.
      Blue Blood is a good family show. Some violence but heart warming family over-rides that.
      VOICE–love talent.

20. Carol
      January 23, 2016 at 11:42 am

Enjoy Hallmark movies, HGTV and NCIS reruns. Also Lord of the Rings movies–mainly because of the comradery of the characters.

21. January 23, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Two of my boys and I watched a lot of Doctor Who on Netflix over the Christmas school break.