• MTV’s Movie Profanity Awards

by  • April 12, 2016 • Awards Shows, Cable Choice, Misrated, Profanity, Sex • 14 Comments

MTV’s awards show was packed with foul language – but still rated appropriate for children.

Every year, the Oscars present awards for films nobody has seen, but the presentation itself is usually the epitome of class. The MTV Movie Awards are more like the anti-Oscars: awarding movies everyone has seen, in a presentation with absolutely no class.

This was demonstrated at the most recent version of the annual MTV Movie Awards. Airing on Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET (in what used to be called the “Family Hour”), this “awards” show deluged viewers with literally non-stop profanity, to the point that the viewer heard almost as many “bleeps” as actual words spoken. And, of course, much of the dialogue was sexually explicit, as well.

Here are just a few samples of dialogue from the show:

Hosts Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart discuss the show.

Kevin Hart: “I was putting my dick in cake, that’s what I was doing back then. Matter of fact, hashtag dick in cake. Dick in cake is gonna trend tonight.”

Dwayne Johnson: “Listen, this show isn’t just about dick in cake or me and Kevin. It’s gonna be more fantastic than dick in cake and us.”

Dressed as Batman and Superman, Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart mock the stars of Marvel’s superhero movies.

Dwayne Johnson: “I smell a lot of Marvel bitches up in here.”

Kevin Hart: “I smell all those Marvel bitches now.”

Dwayne Johnson: “We will kick your ass right back to Asgard.”

Kevin Hart: “I’ll kick the ass out your guard, you stinky bitch.”

Kevin Hart: “I scratch the (bleeped) s*** out of your face, Captain America. I’ll make it black white and red. I’ll (bleeped) s*** on it. I’ll (bleeped) s*** on your face.”

Dwayne Johnson: “We will smack your ass right back to sitcoms, bitch.”

Kevin Hart: “I’ll have a live studio audience all over your ass.”

Dwayne Johnson: “You specifically told me back there that we’re gonna (bleeped) f*** all the Marvel bitches up, especially the one with the eyepatch.”

Kevin Hart: “(Bleeped) f*** you, Sam!”

Kevin Hart: “Sam, you don’t think I know you got a lazy eye up under that patch, bitch? Huh? You lazy-eyed patch bitch. I’ll kick your ass. I’ll get to work bat-flying all over your ass.”

Samuel L. Jackson and Alexander Skarsgard banter about movies.

Jackson: “(Bleeped) f*** the police!”

Skarsgard: “(Bleeped) f*** the First Order!”

Jackson: “(Bleeped) f*** Ultron!”

Skarsgard: “(Bleeped) f*** being trapped in anyone’s shadow.”

Jackson: “(Bleeped) f*** that big ass dinosaur, man! And (bleeped) f*** how you’re supposed to do a superhero movie.”

Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, and others sing about the movie Revenant.

Dwayne and Kevin: “And Leo got (bleeped) f***ed by a bear, oh yeah, Leo got (bleeped) f***ed by a bear. You always remember where you were when Leo got (bleeped) f***ed by a bear. Leo got (bleeped) f***ed by a bear. ‘Cause Leo got (bleeped) f***ed by a bear, oh yeah, Leo got (bleeped) f***ed by a bear. You always remember where you were when Leo got (bleeped) f***ed by a bear.”

Adam DeVine: “I was eating pizza while taking a bath when I heard he got (bleeped) f***ed by the bear.”

Anthony Mackie: “I was playing Tom with Tom Hardy when Leo got (bleeped) f***ed by a bear.”

Rebel Wilson: “Ironically I was (bleeped) f***ing his bear when I heard he got (bleeped) f***ed by a bear.”

Everyone: “You always remember where you were when Leo got (bleeped) f***ed by a bear.”

Hart and Johnson discuss Hulk Hogan.

Kevin Hart: “The only movie that made more money than that in one day was Hulk Hogan’s sex tape…He hit her with the Hulkamaniac from the back.”

Dwayne Johnson: “He put that 24 inch python to work.”

Seth Rogan and Zack Efron discuss Rogan’s genitals.

Seth Rogan: “Well, you know who you should be apologizing to is my testicles, because they’ve shrunk to essentially nothing.”

Zack drops down to one knee and addresses Seth’s crotch directly.

Zack Efron: “Seth’s testicles, I’m really, really, sorry.”

Seth Rogan: “Well they don’t forgive you Zachary. They will never forgive you.”

Naturally, all this content was rated TV-14 – appropriate for young teen children. More than anything, this demonstrates just how far our media culture has sunk…and how desperately the TV Content Ratings System needs reform.

Click here to learn more about PTC’s Ratings Reform campaign.

14 Responses to MTV’s Movie Profanity Awards

1. A
      April 13, 2016 at 8:58 am

All those lines are bad, but to me, this is the worst:

Jackson: “(Bleeped) f*** the police!”

Police deserve a lot more respect than they get. They selflessly put their lives on the line to uphold the law. They do so to make the world a better place, not to stop people from having fun or for personal gain.

On the day this article was published, Columbus Police Officer Steve Smith died of a gunshot wound to the head received on April 10, 2016. He was on the force for 26 years, serving on the SWAT team, the narcotics unit, the dive team, and the helicopter unit. I sincerely hope his family members, friends, and fellow officers did not hear that three-word sentence.

Click here to learn more about Steve Smith. He made more positive contributions to society than anyone on this or any awards show ever has or ever will.

2. Justin
      April 15, 2016 at 7:57 am

Reminds me of the Jerry Springer show, more “bleeps” than actual words spoken.

3. Nina Myers
      April 15, 2016 at 8:07 am

How sad. It breaks my heart to hear such disrespect for family values.

4. PastProdigal
      April 15, 2016 at 9:29 am

This is entertainment? This filth is what we have degenerated to? And people allow their children to watch this and to look up to these foul-mouth airheads?

And they receive awards?

They’d better enjoy them because those are all the awards they will ever have, throughout all Eternity.

• Brian
        April 18, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Both parents are usually too busy working their jobs to care much about what their children are watching. Dad gets home from working his job and is just waiting for the wife to cook the dinner, who incidentally has just come home from her job and is finally home from picking up the kids and listening them fight all the way home so she sits them down in front of the baby sitter (tv) so she can get a moments peace to figure out what’s for dinner. After dinner she (the mother) also gets to clean up, do the dishes, get the kids ready for bed as well as herself so that the family can so the same thing all over again the next day. We live in a time where the parents are too busy working to worry about things like values. It’s only when they get older, and are able to slow down enough to think about what the kids are up to, that they can wonder how/where they went wrong, why is Jonnie in and out of prison all the time or why Susie has 3.5 kids all with different dads.

5. Pat
      April 15, 2016 at 10:13 am

Anything to do with MTV is a warning to me that it is inappropriate for children of any age.

• Justin
        April 18, 2016 at 12:59 pm

I agree, and as a 35 year old I’d say this was true even in the 90s when they showed mostly music videos. A lot of the music videos (like the Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson stuff) were pretty disturbing. Plus there were the dumb reality shows like Real World and Road Rules back then too.

6. Dorothy James
      April 15, 2016 at 11:10 am

These people are just so disgusting. I’m especially disappointed in Duane Johnson. I thought he was better than that. My mistake.

7. Judy
      April 15, 2016 at 1:46 pm

That’s the reason we got rid of all 3 TVs. Nothing but garbage on there and nothing worth watching. We watch documentaries, family movies, sitcoms from the 70s, e.g. I Dream of Jeannie, Hogan’s Heroes, etc., and classic black and white movies of days gone by.

8. Mike Barry
      April 15, 2016 at 7:54 pm

It’s all part of the programming. Mind controlling young people to believe this is acceptable behaviour. Bestiality with a bear is not acceptable. Everyone needs to throw their t.v. in the trash and go outside. The creation that is all around us is more entertaining and does not spew filth at us at our expense.

9. Konitska
      April 15, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Wow, I missed this grand display?!! So glad CableOne was unable to negotiate a contract and had to pull the plug on MTV. Sad that this conglomerate also feeds our children Nickelodeon. The MTV Movie Awards and an effort to get the Bible as a State Book. My brain hurts. Maybe the Uni Bomber was right….

10. Potawatomi13
      April 16, 2016 at 6:18 am

And I thought The Rock was one of the good guys after all the kid friendly movies he’s done. How disappointing!

11. Uncle Dave
      April 17, 2016 at 8:54 am

99% of what is on MTV is nothing but trash. If you’re letting your kids watch that channel at all… well, you get what you deserve. I’m all for free speech (if it’s labeled properly) and I don’t like to “boycott” things because of free speech – But I am finding less and less things I feel comfortable spending my hard earned money on… Especially anything “Hollywood” or “Entertainment” related these days.

12. Joy conolly
      April 26, 2016 at 8:48 am

Some very talented people have no morals and no good vocabulary!
      that they can express themselves without using vulgarity is disgusting and very disappointing!

Maybe if enough of us speak up they’ll get the message!