Much of the PTC’s strength comes from its army of grassroots activists. A national network of 1.3 million members and 55 grassroots chapters across the United States ensure the PTC’s success by carrying out PTC projects on the local level.
Our team of committed local volunteers meet with advertisers based in their community and
take part in numerous events and functions:
- attend shareholder’s meetings;
- mobilize local civic groups in support of PTC initiatives;
- meet with local station managers about community standards;
- conduct surveys and secret shopper operations;
- serve as spokespersons; meet with state and local elected officials;
- write editorials; and
- participate in press conferences and public hearings.
Grassroots Section Coming Soon!
We are currently redesigning the grassroots section of our website for our local
chapters. If you need any immediate information about the local Grassroots programs,
contact the Parents Television Council.
Click here for a current list of chapters. Please
contact our Grassroots Director
for contact information about a specific chapter in your state.
- How can you become a PTC Activist?
- What does a PTC grassroots chapter do to help
- Download the